Monday, November 02, 2015

Arja Koriseva

Today I received my copy of Arja Koriseva's new book, "Queen Arja". My joy was soured at the news announced hours afterwards that Arja had been diagnosed with breast cancer. This is what she says on her website:

I have lit candles everywhere. The fluttering of the flames soothes the mind and gives strength. In my previous letter I said that the first 50 years of my life has been written in a book; and that now is the time to turn to a new blank page and start writing something new.

I had no idea how different the first pages of the new book would be. I had eagerly rehearsed the songs for the coming concerts, well-loved Christmas carols, so that the Christmas concerts are concluded in the traditional manner as we have done in various ways before.

This year will be different. I cannot sing for you at all. I am suffering from breast cancer.

Treatment has started and I know that I am being cared for properly. I put my trust in medical science, I have skilled people round me, and I have support and security with me. I must now concertrate my powers on getting better and fighting. That is why I am away from work. I hope my privacy will be respected. Of course I read all your messages and letters and enclose your thoughts in my heart. I will fight.

The autumn leaves have fallen; I rake them carefully and I hope with all my heart that I will be able to sing for you when summer warmth arrives and the new buds are bursting out on the trees. Before that I sing to you in all my thoughts of Christmas peace and love .... the many angels around me I received from you.

Take care of each other
Arja


1 Comments:

Blogger Zloy Andryusha said...

http://vnaturenovosti.blogspot.com

7:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home